To install click the Add extension button. That's it.

The source code for the WIKI 2 extension is being checked by specialists of the Mozilla Foundation, Google, and Apple. You could also do it yourself at any point in time.

4,5
Kelly Slayton
Congratulations on this excellent venture… what a great idea!
Alexander Grigorievskiy
I use WIKI 2 every day and almost forgot how the original Wikipedia looks like.
Live Statistics
English Articles
Improved in 24 Hours
Added in 24 Hours
Languages
Recent
Show all languages
What we do. Every page goes through several hundred of perfecting techniques; in live mode. Quite the same Wikipedia. Just better.
.
Leo
Newton
Brights
Milds

New York University Shanghai

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New York University Shanghai
(NYU Shanghai)
上海纽约大学
Shànghǎi niǔyuē dàxué
NYU Shanghai Logo.jpg
Type Private
Established 2012
Chancellor Yu Lizhong
Vice-Chancellor Jeffrey Lehman
Students 1200
Undergraduates 1200
Location Shanghai, China
Language English
Affiliations NYU
ECNU
Website shanghai.nyu.edu

New York University Shanghai (NYU Shanghai) is jointly established by New York University and East China Normal University of Shanghai. It is the first American college to receive independent registration status from China's Ministry of Education.[1] While classes are in English, some proficiency in Chinese is required for graduation.[2]

YouTube Encyclopedic

  • 1/5
    Views:
    1 564
    2 712
    9 250
    1 180
    376
  • Welcome to NYU Shanghai
  • Things to Consider Before Going to NYU Shanghai
  • Going to NYU SHANGHAI PROS & CONS | Helena Ma
  • A Weekend at NYU Shanghai
  • OA Welcome to NYU Shanghai (2017)

Transcription

Contents

Administration

Yu Lizhong, former president of the East China Normal University (ECNU), was named Chancellor of NYU Shanghai. Jeffrey S. Lehman, former president of Cornell University and dean of the University of Michigan Law School, was named Vice Chancellor.[3][4] Yu Lizhong also served as Party Committee Secretary of the university, but he never interfered in matters of academic freedom, according to Jeffrey Lehman.[5]

Inaugural class

The inaugural class of 2017 moved in on August 11, 2013, and classes began in September 2013.[6] Of the class of 294 students, 51% came from The People's Republic of China, with the remaining 49% coming from other countries around the world.[7] During the 2013–2014 academic year, NYU Shanghai students studied at East China Normal University while the official NYU campus in Pudong was built.[8] The Pudong campus was completed in the summer of 2014. Students moved into the new building at the start of the fall 2014 semester. Currently, the NYU Shanghai campus in Pudong serves NYU Shanghai students, study abroad students from New York, Abu Dhabi, and non-NYU affiliated colleges across the globe, as well as a select number of NYU law students.

Research Centers

  • NYU-ECNU Center for Computational Chemistry at NYU Shanghai[9]
  • NYU-ECNU Institute of Brain and Cognitive Science at NYU Shanghai
  • NYU-ECNU Institute for Social Development at NYU Shanghai
  • NYU-ECNU Institute of Mathematical Sciences at NYU Shanghai
  • NYU-ECNU Institute of Physics at NYU Shanghai
  • Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai
  • Center for Global Asia at NYU Shanghai
  • Center for Data Science and Analytics

Campus

Since late summer of 2014, NYU Shanghai has been based in Pudong, Shanghai, at 1555 Century Ave. The main campus is contained in a single building, the Academic Center, a new 15-story building with two underground floors.[10] The dorms are in Shanghai's Jinqiao neighborhood, north of the campus and also in Pudong. Students travel between the Academic Center and the dorms via the subway or on NYU shuttle buses.[11] There is also the academic library that offers virtual and in-person reference services. The collection relies heavily on e-content.

Distinguished faculty

See also

References

External links

This page was last edited on 28 December 2017, at 03:49.
Basis of this page is in Wikipedia. Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported License. Non-text media are available under their specified licenses. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. WIKI 2 is an independent company and has no affiliation with Wikimedia Foundation.