To install click the Add extension button. That's it.

The source code for the WIKI 2 extension is being checked by specialists of the Mozilla Foundation, Google, and Apple. You could also do it yourself at any point in time.

Kelly Slayton
Congratulations on this excellent venture… what a great idea!
Alexander Grigorievskiy
I use WIKI 2 every day and almost forgot how the original Wikipedia looks like.
Live Statistics
English Articles
Improved in 24 Hours
Added in 24 Hours
What we do. Every page goes through several hundred of perfecting techniques; in live mode. Quite the same Wikipedia. Just better.

List of New York Mets owners and executives

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The New York Mets are a Major League Baseball (MLB) franchise based in Queens, in New York City, New York. They play in the National League East division. In the team's history (1962-), the Mets have employed 12 general managers (GMs).[1] The GM controls player transactions, hiring and firing of the coaching staff, and negotiates with players and agents regarding contracts.[2] The longest-tenured GM is Frank Cashen, who held the position for 11 years (1980–1990).[1]

Table key

Elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum (‡ denotes induction as manager)[3]
Member of the New York Mets Hall of Fame[4]


Historical majority shareholders

Current ownership

As of October 30, 2020, Steve Cohen is the current owner of the Mets, with a 95% majority share with the team. The remaining 5% share belongs to the Wilpon and Katz Families.[5]

General managers

A man wearing a suit stands on a baseball field.
Sandy Alderson, general manager of the Mets from 2011–2018
#[a] Name Seasons Ref
1 George Weiss‡§ 19621966 [1]
2 Bing Devine 1967 [1]
3 Johnny Murphy§ 19681969 [1]
4 Bob Scheffing 19701974 [1]
5 Joe McDonald 19751979 [1]
6 Frank Cashen§ 19801991 [1]
7 Al Harazin 19921993 [1]
8 Joe McIlvaine 19941997 [1]
9 Steve Phillips 1997 [1]
Frank Cashen (Interim) 1998 [1]
Steve Phillips 19982003 [1]
10 Jim Duquette 2004 [1]
11 Omar Minaya 20052010 [1]
John Ricco (Interim) 2010 [1]
12 Sandy Alderson 2010–2018 [1]
John Ricco (Interim, as part of triumvirate) 2018 [1]
Omar Minaya (Interim, as part of triumvirate) 2018 [1]
J. P. Ricciardi (Interim, as part of triumvirate) 2018 [1]
13 Brodie Van Wagenen 20182020 [1]

Other executives


  • a #: A running total of the number of Mets' GMs. Thus, any GM who has two or more separate terms is only counted once.
  • Assistant GM John Ricco served as interim GM following the dismissal of Minaya on October 4, 2010. He returned to Asst. GM on October 29, when Alderson was hired.


  1. ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u "Executive Database". Baseball America. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
  2. ^ Schwarz, Alan (December 21, 2005). "2005 General Manager Roundtable". Baseball America. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
  3. ^ "Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees". Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
  4. ^ "Mets Hall of Fame". New York Mets. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
  5. ^ "MLB owners OK Mets sale to billionaire Cohen". 2020-10-30. Retrieved 2020-10-31.
This page was last edited on 14 November 2020, at 11:55
Basis of this page is in Wikipedia. Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported License. Non-text media are available under their specified licenses. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. WIKI 2 is an independent company and has no affiliation with Wikimedia Foundation.