|Native name||হাবিব ওয়াহিদ|
|Born||October 15, 1979 (Age 37)
|Genres||Pop,Film score, techno, fusion,rock|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, record producer, singer, musician|
|Instruments||keyboards, vocals, guitar|
|Labels||Sangeeta, Ektaar, Laser Vision, Deadline music|
|Associated acts||Kaya, Helal, Shireen, Nancy|
Habib Wahid is an internationally known Bangladeshi composer, musician and singer. He works on modern Pop music, EDM and a fusion of traditional Bengali folk music with contemporary techno and urban beats. His music is mainly influenced by British Bangladeshis, while he was living in the UK as a student.
BHALOBASHBO - HABIB WAHID : WIND OF CHANGE [ PRE-SEASON ] at GAAN BANGALA TV
RAAT NIRGHUM - HABIB WAHID : ROBI YONDER MUSIC WIND OF CHANGE [ PS:02 ]
KENO PIRITI BARAILA RE BONDHU | Habib Wahid | Folk Studio Bangla New Song 2017
Early and Personal Life
Wahid was born and brought up in Dhaka Bangladesh. He attended South Breeze School in Dhanmondi. His father, Ferdous Wahid, was a pop singer during the 1970s and 1980s. A few years later, he went to England in pursuit of higher education and studied music and audio engineering at the School of Audio Engineering in London. He is also a solo singer. At first he married RJ Lubaina, but later they divorced in 2003. Wahid is married to Rehan Chowdhury . But he also divorced Rehan Chowdhury on January,19 2017
Habib Wahid made his debut with the album Krishno.[better source needed] He started to work with other Asian music producers such as Karsh Kale. He had already produced and planned his music, however he needed a vocalist to develop his new album. While living in London, he was searching for the vocalist Kaya, a Sylheti restaurant owner. In 2003, Habib released his first album Krishno, which proved to be a success in Britain and Bangladesh The album Krishno had a mix of folk and modern electronica music, introducing a new genre to the Dhaka music arena.
In the next few years, he released six albums — Maya (2004), Moina Go (2005), Shono (2006), Panjabiwala (2007), Bolchi Tomake (2008) and Obosheshe (2008). He has featured new voices in all of his albums. Besides Kaya, he has showcased singers such as Helal, Julee, Nirjhor, Shireen and Nancy in these albums. Habib debuted as a vocal in "Moina Go" where he performed two soft singles, Din Gelo and Esho Brishti Namai. He also has his father, Ferdous Wahid singing a song in that album. On June 1, 2011 Habib's 8th album Ahoban! was released. The album consists 9 tracks in which three are duet songs with Nancy and Kona and one was sung by Ferdous Wahid. Habib has released another album named Shadhin in December (2012)
Besides album work, Habib created a number of jingles for the products of Banglalink, Citycell, Pran-up, Meril Beauty Soap and others.
He also has composed songs for movies such as Hridoyer Kotha, Akash Chowa Bhalobasha, Chandragrohon, I Love You, Eito Prem, Third Person Singular Number, Amar Ache Jol, etc. Habib makes songs that "has the essence from the roots of Bangla music", says Kumar Bishwajit while recording a song under direction of Habib Wahid in a movie called Projapoti.
Wahid performed his first concert in Melbourne on 26 May 2012 and another one in Sydney on 3 June 2012.
He has a distinctive music style which is the fusion of western urban music and Bengali folk music.
- Krishno (2003)
- Maya (2004)
- Moina Go... (2005)
- Shuno (2006)
- Panjabiwala (2007)
- Bolchi Tomake... (2008)
- Aboseshe (2008)
- Ahoban! (2011)
- Somorpon (2011)
- Rong (2012)
- Shadhin (2012)
- Moner Thikanay (2016)
- Hridoyer Kotha (2006)
- Akash Chhoa Bhalobasa (2008)
- Amar Ache Jol (2008)
- Chondrogrohon (2008)
- Third Person Singular Number (2009)
- Khoj: The Search (2010)
- Projapoti (2011)
- The Speed (2012)
- Tumi Shondharo Meghmala (2012)
- I Love You (2012)
- Bindaas (2014)
- Eito Prem (2015, although the film's soundtrack was released in 2012)
- Chuye Dile Mon (2015)
- Aro Bhalobashbo Tomay (2015)
- Sweetheart (2016)
- Aynabaji (2016 Film)
- Ek Prithivi Prem (2016 Film)
- Nishi Furaye Na (2010)
- Hariye Fela Bhalobasha (2015)
- Mon Ghumay Re (2015)
- Tomar Akash (2016)
- Moner Thikana (2016)
- Tumi Hina (2016)
- Beporowa Mon (2016)
- "Habib Wahid". Priyo. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-08-07.
- বাবা হলেন হাবিব ওয়াহিদ [Habib Wahid became father]. Prothom Alo (in Bangla). 2012-12-24. Archived from the original on 2012-12-30. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Krishno – Habib Wahid Ft. Kaya Bangla Mp3 Album Download". bdalbum.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-15. Retrieved 2015-08-17.
- Kajalie Shehreen Islam (2003-08-01). "Krishno A New Take on Tradition". Star Weekend Magazine. The Daily Star. Retrieved 2009-05-23.
- "Let's move with Habib's Ahobaan". Amader Gaan. Archived from the original on 2012-03-21.
- জেগে উঠলো হাবিব ওয়াহিদের ঘুমন্ত মন. BD morning (in Bangla).
- "Habib 'Hariye Fela Bhalobasha'" হাবিবের 'হারিয়ে ফেলা ভালোবাসা'. banglanews24.com (in Bangla). Archived from the original on 2015-04-16. Retrieved 2015-08-17.
- ইউরোপে ‘হারিয়ে ফেলা ভালোবাসা’ [Europe 'Hariye Fela Bhalobasha']. thereport24.com (in Bangla).
- Monjur Kader (2013-01-31). ন্যান্সি-তুহিন সঙ্গে হাবিব [Nancy-Tuhin with Habib]. Prothom Alo (in Bangla). Archived from the original on 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2013-01-31.