To install click the Add extension button. That's it.

The source code for the WIKI 2 extension is being checked by specialists of the Mozilla Foundation, Google, and Apple. You could also do it yourself at any point in time.

4,5
Kelly Slayton
Congratulations on this excellent venture… what a great idea!
Alexander Grigorievskiy
I use WIKI 2 every day and almost forgot how the original Wikipedia looks like.
Live Statistics
English Articles
Improved in 24 Hours
Added in 24 Hours
What we do. Every page goes through several hundred of perfecting techniques; in live mode. Quite the same Wikipedia. Just better.
.
Leo
Newton
Brights
Milds

Giovanni Capriglione

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Giovanni Simone Capriglione
Texas State Representative
 for District 98 (Tarrant County)
Assumed office
January 8, 2013
Preceded byVicki Truitt
Personal details
Born (1973-03-08) March 8, 1973 (age 46)
NationalityAmerican
Political partyRepublican
Spouse(s)Elisa Capriglione
ChildrenThree children
ResidenceSouthlake
Tarrant County, Texas
Alma materWorcester Polytechnic Institute University of Santa Clara
OccupationBusinessman

Giovanni Simone Capriglione (born March 8, 1973) is a Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives, having represented since 2013 District 98 in Tarrant County, Texas.[1]

Biography

Capriglione lives in Southlake in suburban Tarrant County.[2]

Capriglione studied for a Bachelor of Science in Physics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts, and then a Master of Business Administration at Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California.[3]

He and his wife, Elisa, whom he married in 2000, have three children, who attend schools in the Carroll Independent School District.[3]

Capriglione owns a private equity management company focusing on businesses located in Texas.[3] He has also worked as a vice president of a private equity firm and prior to that was employed by various computer engineering companies.[3]

Political career

In the 2012 Republican primary election, Capriglione, with 55.6 percent of the vote, unseated the incumbent Vicki Truitt of Keller in Tarrant County. Truitt, who had held the seat since 1999, polled the remaining 44.4 percent of the ballots cast.[4][5]

In 2012, Capriglione won the general election with 85.6 percent of the vote. The Libertarian Party candidate, Michael Goolsby, polled the remaining 14.4 percent.[4] Capriglione went unopposed in the 2014 Primary and General Elections.

During the 83rd Legislative Session, Capriglione caused controversy by voting "nay" on HB 950 also known as "the equal pay for women act". [6]

In the 84th Legislature Giovanni Capriglione sits on three committees: the House Appropriations Committee, the Investment and Financial Services Committee and the Local & Consent Calendars Committee. Rep. Capriglione also serves as the Chairman of the Sub-Committee on State & Local Debt. In 2015, Rep. Capriglione was elected Secretary of the House Energy Caucus and is a member of the Innovation & Technology Caucus. In the 83rd Legislature, Rep. Capriglione served on two committees: Government Efficiency and Reform and International Trade and Intergovernmental Affairs.[3]

Capriglione is an advocate for greater accountability and transparency in state government. He announced in 2015 that he will seek further ways to make public information more readily available to the citizenry. In 2015 he passed HB 1295, a new law that dramatically improves public access to government contracts given to elected officials. His bill was described by the San Antonio Express-News as the most important ethics bill of the 84th Legislative Session.[7] Rep. Capriglione also passed HB 483 authorizing the creation of the Texas Bullion Depository to insure that Texas has first rights to its gold.[8]

During his tenure, Capriglione has earned a variety of awards and honors including: Champion of Free Enterprise from the Texas Association of Business,[9] Consumer Protection Watchdog Hall of Fame,[10] a 100% Pro-Life Rating [11] and the People's Champion award from Texans For Accountable Government.[12]

Capriglione in 2017 sponsored legislation that would forbid lobbyists from running for office in Texas on the grounds that they pose either a "perception of conflict of interest" or an actual conflict. The San Antonio Express-News called for "transparency in government" and opposed Capriglione's bill on the grounds that one should not be banned from office based on occupation. Other opponents claimed that the bill would drive lobbyists underground and discourage them from registering with the Texas Ethics Commission.[13]

In the general election held on November 6, 2018, Capriglione won his fourth legislative term. With 56,694 votes (68.3 percent), he defeated the Democrat Mica J. Ringo, who polled 24,294 (29.3 percent). Another 2,002 ballots (2.4 percent) went to the Libertarian Party choice, H. Todd J. Moore.[14]

References

  1. ^ "Giovanni Capriglione for Texas State Representative District 98". Teaparty911.com. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
  2. ^ "Texas House of Representatives District 98". The Texas Tribune. 2012. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
  3. ^ a b c d e "Representative Giovanni Capriglione's Biography". Project Vote Smart. 2013. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
  4. ^ a b "Texas House District 98". The Texas Tribune. 2012. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
  5. ^ "Vicki Truitt". Texas Legislative Reference Library. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
  6. ^ http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB950
  7. ^ "Trade groups asking ethics panel to water down contract disclosure law". San Antonio Express-News. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
  8. ^ "A gold rush in Texas?". star-telegram. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
  9. ^ "Texas Association of Business | Texas Association of Business - The Texas State Chamber". texasassociationofbusiness.org. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
  10. ^ "WATCHDOG: New state laws will protect Texas consumers". interactives.dallasnews.com. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
  11. ^ "Texas Right to Life Scores". Texas Right to Life Legislator Scores. Texas Right to Life. June 1, 2015.
  12. ^ "Home". Texans for Accountable Government | Official TAG Website. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
  13. ^ "Don't ban lobbyists from elected office" (opinion), San Antonio Express-News, April 8, 2017, p. A18.
  14. ^ "Election Returns". Texas Secretary of State. November 6, 2018. Retrieved November 7, 2018.

External links

Texas House of Representatives
Preceded by
Vicki Truitt
Texas State Representative for
 District 98 (part of Tarrant County)

Giovanni Simone Capriglione
2013–

Succeeded by
Incumbent
This page was last edited on 30 April 2019, at 17:25
Basis of this page is in Wikipedia. Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported License. Non-text media are available under their specified licenses. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. WIKI 2 is an independent company and has no affiliation with Wikimedia Foundation.