To install click the Add extension button. That's it.

The source code for the WIKI 2 extension is being checked by specialists of the Mozilla Foundation, Google, and Apple. You could also do it yourself at any point in time.

4,5
Kelly Slayton
Congratulations on this excellent venture… what a great idea!
Alexander Grigorievskiy
I use WIKI 2 every day and almost forgot how the original Wikipedia looks like.
Live Statistics
English Articles
Improved in 24 Hours
Added in 24 Hours
Languages
Recent
Show all languages
What we do. Every page goes through several hundred of perfecting techniques; in live mode. Quite the same Wikipedia. Just better.
.
Leo
Newton
Brights
Milds

Disney Channel (South Korean TV channel)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disney Channel
2019 Disney Channel logo.svg
CountrySouth Korea
Broadcast areaNationwide
HeadquartersGangnam-gu, Seoul
Programming
Language(s)Korean
English
Picture format720p HDTV
(downscaled to 16:9 480i for the SDTV feed)
Ownership
OwnerDisney Channels Korea Ltd.
(The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC/Disney Branded Television)
Sister channelsDisney Junior
History
LaunchedJuly 1, 2011; 10 years ago (2011-07-01)
ReplacedDisney Channel Asia
(carriage in South Korea)
ClosedSeptember 30, 2021; 47 days ago (2021-09-30)[1]
Replaced byThe Kids
(some TV providers only)
Availability

Disney Channel (Korean디즈니채널; RRDijeuni-chaeneol) was a South Korean cable and satellite channel owned by Disney Channels Korea Ltd., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC, and the Disney Branded Television unit of Disney International Operations. The South Korean version of the US Disney Channel replaced the pan-Asian version which was available in the country with Korean subtitles from June 1, 2002 until June 30, 2011.

History

The company, which would operate all future Disney-branded channels in South Korea, was established as a joint venture on June 1, 2010, then legally called Television Media Korea Ltd. (TMK); at launch, SK Telecom (a mobile network operator and the flagship company of South Korean SK Group's telecommunication businesses) owned 51% of shares, and Disney Channels Worldwide owned the other 49%.[2]

When a certain business of SK Telecom was spun off into a subsidiary named SK Planet on October 1, 2011, Telecom's share in the company was also taken over by Planet.

On September 30, 2015, SK Planet sold their stake in the company to The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC, a local subsidiary of Disney in South Korea, making Disney take full control of the channel. In February 2016, the company changed its legal name to Disney Channels Korea Ltd.

The company also operated the South Korean version of Disney Junior, which replaced the Southeast Asian equivalent on South Korean television platforms 10 days after the launch of its sister network on July 11, 2011.

Closure

On July 4, 2021, a report said Disney Channel and Disney Junior would cease transmission at the end of September to select and focus ahead of the launch of Disney+ in South Korea.[3]

On August 25, 2021, MediaLog, a subsidiary of LG Uplus, a release partner of Disney+ in South Korea, acquired Disney Channel.[4] Disney Channel and Disney Junior ceased transmission at midnight on September 30, 2021,[1] after airing the last episode of Milo Murphy's Law and Cuby Zoo, respectively. At the same time as the closure, some TV providers, including LG Uplus’ U+ TV and its cable subsidiary LG HelloVision, replaced Disney Channel with MediaLog's new children's channel, The Kids (Korean더키즈).

Programming

See also

References

  1. ^ a b "디즈니코리아, PP 폐업 신고…"9월 말까지만 채널 송출"". 대한민국 IT포털의 중심! 이티뉴스 (in Korean). 28 August 2021. Retrieved 29 August 2021.
  2. ^ "THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY AND SK TELECOM ANNOUNCE INTENT TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE TO LAUNCH KOREAN-LANGUAGE DISNEY CHANNELS IN SOUTH KOREA". Disney-ABC Television Group. May 12, 2010. Archived from the original on May 18, 2010.
  3. ^ "디즈니 방송채널, 9월 송출 중단…디즈니플러스 상륙 눈앞". 대한민국 IT포털의 중심! 이티뉴스 (in Korean). 4 July 2021. Retrieved 4 July 2021.
  4. ^ "LG유플러스 자회사, 디즈니채널 인수…'더키즈' 10월 서비스". 대한민국 IT포털의 중심! 이티뉴스 (in Korean). 25 August 2021. Retrieved 25 August 2021.

External links

This page was last edited on 27 October 2021, at 15:21
Basis of this page is in Wikipedia. Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported License. Non-text media are available under their specified licenses. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. WIKI 2 is an independent company and has no affiliation with Wikimedia Foundation.