Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Amitabh Reza Chowdhury|
|Produced by||Gousul Alam
Mohammad Younus Bin Faruq
|Screenplay by||Anam Biswas
|Story by||Gousul Alam|
|Edited by||Iqbal Ahsanul Kabir|
Half Stop Down
|Distributed by||Half Stop Down|
Aynabaji (Bengali: আয়নাবাজি pronounced [äɪ̯naːbäd͡ʒi]) is a 2016 Bangladeshi crime thriller film directed by Amitabh Reza Chowdhury and produced by Gousul Alam under the banner of Content Matters Production. The film stars Chanchal Chowdhury, Masuma Rahman Nabila and Partha Barua in lead roles. It is the director Amitabh Reza's first feature film.
AYNABAJI OFFICIAL TRAILER
Chirkutt song Duniya - from Aynabaji
Ei shohor Amar by Arnob - From movie Aynabaji
The story is about Ayna, a struggling actor who gets to live his profession in real life after failing in his career. Gifted with the natural talents of acting, he is a man with a versatile character and can morph into anybody he wants. It is also a story about the dark side of metro city Dhaka.
- Chanchal Chowdhury as Sharafat Karim Ayna/Nizam Sayeed Chowdhury.
- Masuma Rahman Nabila as Hridi
- Partha Barua as Saber, a news reporter
- Lutfur Rahman George as a dishonest businessman
- Jamil Ahmed as Saber's manservant
- Sohel Rana
- Heera Chowdhury
- Shawkat Osman
- Khairul Basar
- Iffat Trisha
- Gousul Alam
Brindabon Das plays a prison officer while Arifin Shuvo, and Bijori Barkatullah makes guest appearances as AC Sajjad and Saber's separated wife respectively. Producer Gousul Alam and director Amitabh Reza have special appearances.
Gousul Alam Shaon had written the story for the film, while Anam Biswas adapted into a screenplay. Esha Yousuf was the executive producer of the film while Amitabh Reza is the director of the movie. The entire film was shot in Dhaka. Shooting of the film officially began on February 2015 and ended in August 2015. The film was released on 30 September 2016.
The music for Aynabaji is composed by Arnob, Fuad, Habib & Chirkut Band. Songs have been well praised by critics.
|1.||"Alu Piyaj er Kabbo"||Shaan|
|2.||"Dhire Dhire Jaw Na Somoy"||Habib Wahid, Shreya Ghoshal|
|4.||"Ei Shohor Amar"||Arnob|
|5.||"Lag Velki Lag"||Fuad, Johan Alamgir, Sheikh Istiaq|
The film was released on 30 September 2016 in Dhaka and later in Chittagong and other cities. It was screened at Marché du Film at 69th annual Cannes Film Festival, where it scored well. Aynabaji has won the award of the best film at United States's 11th Seattle South Asian Film Festival. The movie was pirated after it was release on Robi online TV. The film had a limited release in theaters in the United States, France, Canada and Australia.
Aynabaji has received largely positive reviews. The movie has received a good response from audience. Zahid Akbar from The Daily Star gave the film a 4 out of 5 star rating, saying "The film provides the viewers with an empathic view to its characters, which is coupled with brilliant storytelling making the audience wanting more." He praised the film for its story, cast, Chanchal Chowdhury's performance, and "impeccable" cinematography, but criticized the film for being too long.
Rafi Hossain of The Daily Star described it as "an instant blockbuster hit". It did a record 91 shows in 10 days, the highest number for any Bangladeshi film. With an occupancy record of 98.89%, in three weeks it collected BDT 21.3 million.
- "Aynabaji: Against all odds". The Daily Star. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Shuvo surprises 'Aynabaji' viewers". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- টিজারেই চমকে দিল আয়নাবাজির আয়না! (ভিডিও) [Aynabaji, A Surprise Package]. JagoNews24.com (in Bangla). Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Aynabaji scores well at Cannes Film Festival". The Daily Star. 18 May 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- ""Aynabaji" bags best film award at Seattle". The Daily Star. 25 October 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Internet service provider arrested over 'Aynabaji' movie piracy". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Aynabaji to begin world tour". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Aynabaji to be released in theatres overseas". Dhaka Tribune. 15 November 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Ferdous, Fahmim (7 October 2016). "Aynabaji: A gripping story told well". The Daily Star. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- Javed, Nadim (15 October 2016). "Aynabaji: A breath of fresh air". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- Akbar, Zahid (8 October 2016). "Aynabaji Review". The Daily Star. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Hossain, Rafi (22 October 2016). "Decoding aynabaji". The Daily Star. Retrieved 22 October 2016.